
I've probably never said how much I enjoy a beautiful snow storm. I remember once as a kid traveling to Montana to visit my grandparents and having to travel through the most AMAZING snow storm. I remember stopping off at this restaurant for breakfast and eating my first omelet. It was so good!! We looked out the big picture windows at the most gorgeous snowflakes that seemed the size of my fist. (Funny, what one remembers!) Of course, as a kid, I thought that it was just beautiful and wonderful. I'm sure my parents had other views of the storm as they had to navigate our big van through it and get us to my grandparents home safely.
I have one child that delights in snowfall like I do. Michael and I are kindred spirits this way. He loves to play in the snow and go sledding. He can be out in the stuff for hours and ne
ver seems to tire of it. He, alone, has missed our sledding hill the very most. Without having Grandma next door, we had to put up the fence and destroy our great personal sledding hill. When we got the last big snowfall, Michael invited our little next door neighbor, Danny, over to help him make a snowman. I don't think the eventual snowman ever worked out but they had fun trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment