I'm ready to stop shoveling snow!! My back hurts and I actually have blisters on my hands from the snow shovel! Keeping my driveway and sidewalks clear as well as Grandma's has kept me and the boys busy. Shane commented the other day about how the opening to the driveway is getting more narrow with each snow storm. I say that he is able to make comments only AFTER he has shoveled for awhile. I feel that it has been snowing for month - oh wait - IT HAS!
But there is sunshine today and at least the main roads are getting clear and dry.
I had a fun adventure where I was really proud of myself for finally stopping yesterday and taking my car in to get the tires checked. The steering wheel has been "shimmy-ing" for quite some time. Yesterday, I felt like I should just get it taken care of.
I told the guys to take a look and then they brought me back to take a look. My 2 front tires were completely bald! They chastised me for never rotating my tires! (My dumb blondness really blames my husband for not taking care of everything for me, but it really is my fault. I had just NEVER thought about it!) They then pointed out where the tire was ready to completely blow and that I couldn't drive it anywhere until I changed them out.
They sold me 2 temporary used tires for 50 bucks and got me back on the road. I was going to look into buying new ones and check around for costs. This morning I get in the car and start on my way to the gym. Boy, the road seemed rough! I couldn't believe that the snow was causing THAT MUCH of a problem so I finally pulled over and took a look.
To my utter astonishment, I have a COMPLETELY flat tire! (Down to the rim) I look over my options, and start calling. I call Shane first to help me through the process. (After the 3rd call he finally picked up!) I call Lowell and Jacinda and they start to come and save me. In the meantime, Shane reminded me how to lower the spare tire and Chad Erickson (from the high council) stopped to help. Lowell, Jacinda, and I all stand and watch Chad change the tire. Lowell and Chad leave and Jacinda was going to follow me to the tire store.
I go to start my car and find that the battery has died because I had left the hazard lights on. (The kids have left the car door open several times, so I think my battery is on its last leg.) Jacinda and I get my car jumped all by ourselves and get to the tire shop. They replaced the tire with another old one and now I REALLY need to shop for new tires!
GOOD TIMES!
1 comment:
I hope you've bought new tires! :)
I am impressed that you can jump-start your battery!
Post a Comment