button

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Last Day of School!

How well I remember the joy of the last day of school!  The idea that now my time was my own and I didn't have to subscribe to anyone else's schedule.  Oh, the freedom of it all.   I think, the kids definitely have had those feelings today.

Robbie didn't even go into school this morning.  Except he did ride up there on his bike to see if his cell phone had been returned to the lost and found.  Unfortunately, it had not been turned in. We just don't know where the little bugger has gone!  Robbie spent the remainder of his morning mowing lawns.  He has about 5 families that he mows for now.  It is great exercise and good way to earn money for that trip to the Scout National Jamboree next year.

Robbie then took a ride on his bike to the grocery to buy lunch for his camp out tonight.  He's already gone!  I'm sure he'll have a fun time and it's fun to see him stretching his wings and enjoying becoming a little bit older with a few more liberties.

Nicole had a friend come over and they were in the pool for mere minutes.  They then decided that Delaney's house held many more opportunities for fun, so they've spent the remainder of the afternoon over there.

Michael and Jeffrey have spent the ENTIRE afternoon in the pool and with friends playing outside.  There have been moments when the dog was barking like crazy at the amount of noise they were making.  Sometimes, I even cringed and felt badly for the neighbors.   I couldn't bring myself to tell them to quiet down too much.  It IS the first day of summer!

So, all in all, a good start to a  summer full of sculpture class, speech practice, weekly library visits, cooking, class, tutoring lessons, tennis lessons, swim lessons, piano lessons, swim team, and play practice.  Good thing there no schedule!  HA!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun to get together last month. Thanks for the invite. Sounds like your summer is going to be busy but fun. So much to look forward to. Enjoy the summer, hope to see you all soon!

Unknown said...

Don't leave out the remodeling! :) Cute post!

Jason said...

This is my formal request for a new blog post!!