I wanted to mention the Spring Piano Recital that Michael and Nicole participated in. I'm thankful for other great ladies in the neighborhood that trade piano lessons with me. Nicole and Michael take lessons from Kim Fillmore and I teach Kim's 2 daughters. Kim held a piano recital for her students in the beginning in March.
Robbie and Jeffrey take lessons from another friend but she hasn't had a recital yet. The number of students that I'm teaching has reduced dramatically. At one time I had up to 15 students, but more time needed in other areas has led me to reduce the number of students that I teach. Many students quit due to various reasons, and I haven't replaced them.
I'm now the proud piano teacher of 6 students and am enjoying the different focuses in my life. I've taught piano for 15 years now and I'm ready to try some other things. I'm sure that I'll enjoy having more students again someday, but I'm ready to spend my after-school hours with my own kids and their activities. That doesn't mean that my own children don't have to study piano. I will keep them in lessons as long as I can. The talent of playing the piano has blessed my life in so many ways that I want those blessings for my own children. Sometimes, they don't see the benefit of the hours (or minutes) of practice, but I hope someday they can use their talents in building up the Kingdom of God wherever they may be.
No comments:
Post a Comment