We didn't have any "official" plans for spring break this year because our big vacations are this summer. I decided that a "staycation" was going to be the thing. I planned an activity for each day and Friday was going to be free.
MONDAY - Dollar Movie - you can't go wrong.....UNLESS you try to go to the dollar movie in Provo when all of Alpine School District is there. All seats were definitely SOLD OUT! So, I tried to be flexible and move one of our other activities. There was the glass art exhibit showing down in Provo. It turned out to be a total bust so our Monday activity consisted of driving to Provo for a sold out movie, seeing some glass stuff that we totally couldn't appreciate on the level that I'm sure the man wanted and going to the distribution store in Orem only to find what I wanted was sold out.
TUESDAY - Let's try the dollar movie again, only in Sandy. Much better move! Robbie and I watched Sherlock Holmes and Michael and Jeffrey watch Alvin and the Chipmunks. Nicole ended up babysitting all day for a neighbor.
WEDNESDAY - The Living Planet Aquarium. Totally crowded but we had a fun time anyway. The picture at the top is from there. Robbie doesn't look particularly thrilled but I'm sure he was feeling the excitement within!. Someone needs to teach him to "Fake it until you make it!" (at least for the pictures!) We decided to go back to the dollar movies and the boys and I saw "The Spy Next Door" and Nicole saw her Alvin movie.
THURSDAY - Hike up Battlecreek Canyon. We did this with the Squire family. Jo is one
FRIDAY - Yard Work! I loved this day! The kids weren't as greatly amused but they didn't complain too badly. We were able to get a lot done and I was satisfied after a couple of hours. The kids were then able to spen
d time playing with their friends in the great weather.
We ended up having a pretty good week and it went fairly quickly. It's make me feel a little bit better about summer. I think we can all handle the time together. I do know that the kids and I enjoyed staying up later and sleeping in! I think we'll handle the summer pretty well!
No comments:
Post a Comment