I've gone to several Women's Conferences in the past and I've enjoyed each and every one of them. I really don't think that ANY of the previous conferences could even compare to my 2010 Women's Conference experience. This is mainly because I was able to enjoy it in the presence of my freshman college roommates!!!


In December of 2009, I reconnected with my friend, Jodi Uhler, who was my roommate that wonderful freshman year. We lived right across the hall on the second floor of Budge Hall from Laura Brown, and the adventures that we had were numerous.
Here is a picture of my 2 great friends now, 20 years later!

Jodi lives in Texas and in January, I had this crazy idea that we could all get together for Women's Conference in April. I had always heard that staying on campus is a fun experience, so I talked Jodi into rooming with me. (Laura opted for her comfortable mattress in Spanish Fork. Who could blame her?)
Here is a picture of the redesigned dorm rooms. When we lived here, the beds were across from one another which led to much better conversing in my opinion. So many good memories come from sitting across from one another and talking into the wee hours of the morning.

Spring has ALWAYS been my favorite time for being on the beautiful BYU campus. We were not disappointed when it snowed. Jodi and I went for a fun walk and took lots of pictures. We were able to enjoy inspired talks delivered by great individuals. (Although, we ended up duping Laura into going to a mother/daughter talk. I think we were all a bit disappointed.) But other talks made up for it.

My favorite time, BY FAR, was just the time we sat and talked to one another. I really don't think I've laughed that much in years! What is really fun is to know that these great friends are the same wonderful girls I knew years before. We are definitely older, our hair may have a few gray slices, but we are, in essence, the VERY same. We were lucky enough to have another friend join us for a little while - Miss Sunshine herself: Anne Blood.

If it is up to me, this will become a mandatory meeting for all of us each year. I'll even sleep on those lumpy college dorm room beds again just to relive all of the good times. Hopefully, I can convince Jodi to come again! I sure love these ladies!!! It is true when they say that the friends that you make during college are your friends for life!

No comments:
Post a Comment