button

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An Amazing Night

I just had one of the best nights! I was able to be with the Lehi 22nd Ward as they videoconferenced with a ward in Mesa, AZ and Elder Bednar and Elder Scott in the Church Office Building. The youth were able to ask questions directly to an apostle and the apostle answered right back. How cool is that!!! The Bishop of the 22nd Ward works with the Church and the apostles are wanting to be able to communicate with members of the Church through these great technologies that have been developed. This was a test run tonight. They also did it a couple of hours earlier with wards in Philadelphia and Massachusetts.
The Youth had great questions. They had been prepared the Sunday before and their questions were well thought out. My testimony was strengthened as I heard their testimonies of the Savior and why and how He fulfilled the plan of our Heavenly Father. Of how our testimonies can be strengthened by living the commandments and searching and pondering the scriptures.
One girl asked what it was like when all of the Quorum of the Twelve and First Presidency get together. Elder Bednar said that it is the most "settling, camp, peaceful, and secure feeling" because all of the keys of the Priesthood are together in one room. Elder Scott reiterated the same feelings and said that it is simply "Awesome". You could tell that there is so much love and respect between the brethren.
After an hour and a half, when Elder Bednar leaned forward and bore his testimony, his witness that the Savior lives, I had goose bumps realizing I'm sitting in my own chapel and an apostle of the Lord, Jesus Christ, is testifying to me directly. I can see him and he can see me and we are "talking" face to face. It was so amazing. I learned again how much I know that these men are called of God.
It was an amazing night! One I will not forget too quickly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great Experience!